Wednesday, July 01, 2009

WTFnesday 2

Today on WTFnesday there are two submissions. The first comes from texts from last night a website I happened upon through userfriendly.org's LOTD. It's goal is "to create a site that was revealing in nature while concealing the identity of everyone involved. This is why we only ask for an area code to accompany your text messages." What you can do is submit your funny texts and they will post and people will vote on how they feel about it. For example, "(334): The only thing I've had to eat today was the half eaten sausage biscuit I found on my chest when I woke up this morning." Or "(518): Anthony wouldn't know good sex if it sat on his face", or even "(407): i went to disney world today with my friends, met snow white, then saw her later at a bar. she is naked next to me in her bed, passwed out. when you wish upon a star..."(that one is currently second place best night of all time). But the one I found to be most WTF like was this little beauty:

(212): i want you now
(916): you need to stop dating girls with the same name as your mother...or stop drinking so much...I don't want to see this

Read it twice if you aren't laughing yet. There have been plenty of times that I have sent my love similar such messages and I cannot imagine the horror I would have if I accidentally sent such a message to my mother. I am going to chalk it up to the fact that I have use Love and Mom instead of their names in my cell phone book because they do have similar names … but enough about Freud. My second submission is Google making me go WTF today while changing the way my Gmail page looks. Let me explain, Gmail has a wonderful feature called Labels. Instead of folders you mark an item of interest with a label and later on you can find all of the messages associated with that subject matter by simply clicking on the label. (Breanne has 1, it is "wedding". I love her ... 65ish more days! ) I have 40+ and they are used quite frequently. I was super excited when Google decided to experiment and let me put my label on the right side of the web page because I don't like have to scroll down to my frequent label "work" (damn alphabetization). Today they changed the functionality of labels and took away an experimental feature for the first time and it happens to be the one I really was using. Come on! They couldn't have removed "Mail Goggles" or "Old Snakey" they had to remove "Right-side Labels" [sigh] Oh well this way not exactly a deal breaker for me so I will go one using Gmail just slightly annoyed again whenever I have to reach in the bowels of my list of labels.

It is interesting to me as a computer person. I have the ability to change it back myself but I won't. Even though at any time Gmail can change a feature and I don't think I could stop using its features and it doesn't upset me in the least. Microsoft on the other hand adds a "Ribbon" to all of their programs and I feel it is too gimmicky and it upsets me when I can't change a feature I don't like even though I won't. Just the fact that there is the ability to change Gmail to the way I like it I feel better about the product… hmmm… interesting…

No comments: