Monday, March 01, 2010

I am not illiterate, I swear!

One of the greatest critiques that I have of myself is that I don't read enough. I used to read all of the time but something clicked in my head a few years before High school and now I can't pick up a book without dreading the concept of having to actually flip through pages to learn information. I feel stupid looking at my wife's almost filled library where I only have one shelf filled mostly with Comic books. I know she has read most of those books and the last novel that I read all the way through was Harry Potter and I didn't really enjoy it. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the escape of reading the book, it took me three days to finish which is quite a feat if you know how big some of the Harry Potter books are. I just thought the plot was awful and the characters were too whinny and afterwards it left the same bad taste in my mouth that stopped me from reading years ago.

But as I mentioned in the title I am not illiterate. I can write! ...badly in every sense of the word write ... and I can read! ... I just choose not to...

I am going to prove that I am not illiterate by forcing my self to read and I am going to share what I read here. No I am not going to read novels. I hate reading novels. things like plot and setting bore me to tears. I realized that I read articles on the internet all the time and while I don't have a library like my Love to show off my novel prowess I do read as much as she does. I just don't have any way to prove it. This is not me me proving to you that I can read more than my wife. This is me proving to myself that I am not illiterate, I swear!

First up is an article from the red tape chronicles. say what you want to about MSNBC this article is educated and well written. Bob Sullivan puts into plain English a very upsetting new trend in computer viruses. Although it is a scary subject the article is not about fear mongering and offers some nice tips on how to avoid the viruses and what do to if you get infected.

No comments: